Development of specific ceramic properties
We develop ceramics whose properties suit your requirements
The importance of the requirements specification
In order to develop suitable properties effectively, the first priority is a precise definition of your objectives.
The process begins by considering the requirements specification in terms of:
- target markets
- forming processes
Developments tailored to your requirements
Our development work leads to:
- Improvements in the natural characteristics of the ceramic, such as: high hardness, low density, low thermal and electrical conductivities
- Increased resistance to severe and demanding environments: wear, high temperatures/thermal shock, ageing, climatic or chemical attack
- The introduction of new properties: water-repellency, antibacterial, etc.
- The bespoke colouring of ceramic parts: link
- Creating surprising properties for technical ceramics by integrating them into other materials: fabrics, varnishes, paints, solvents
- Adapting our formulation to its forming process
For information, the table below gives the natural properties of alumina and zirconia:
|Max. operating temperature||°C||1725||1000|
Some of our projects that might interest you
Do you have a particular project in mind?Is there a question you would like to ask?
We look forwarding to hearing from you and working with you!Contact us!